“il dolce far niente” The sweetness of doing nothing


Sweet is this Italian phrase and even sweeter is the feel of it. All this while I was diving deep into the feeling of “doing nothing” almost nothing at all…no writing, no reading, no cooking, no grooming, no cribbing, no planning, no laughing, no caring, and no eating, but as they say all good things have a short lifespan, this one too died before its time…
A few more haps and mishaps in my life changed my outlook towards life and I completely shunned myself out of life. A big “NO” to almost everything around became my favourite word. But what the hell this phase of self-denial too didn’t last for long and now I am back again to where I was.
Now when I think of the past few months, I feel more at peace may be because in times of “Yes I can”, “Just Do it” etc I chose a “NO” for everything and guess what was lucky to be in times like today that even my “NO to everything” couldn’t survive for too long.
I immensely enjoyed this denial phase of “a plain NO”, cold it may sound to you and several others but trust me it feels a lot lighter. You undergo a sea change; an absolute dead feeling can also give a “kick” sometimes especially just when you start thinking that you are the most lively and cheerful person alive!
Awww how much I miss my words, my writing in the beginning, thoughts came and haunted me almost every night, my notepad awaited me to pen down all that I was storing inside me for God knows what? But no regret, as I am back and this time on a new mission, a new project, knowing very well that this too won’t last for long, but what the hell as long as I breathe I owe a lot to the world inside and outside me!!!!

Comments

  1. I like this statement- 'You undergo a sea change; an absolute dead feeling can also give a “kick”

    Kick from deadness! Sometimes you just burn your soul to bring in another soul! :-) Though the new soul will never be the same as old one.

    And by the way, when I went through this post, I remembered a post which i scribbled years before - 'http://bharatchandran.blogspot.com/2007/12/idle.html'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A “Wake-up” call

Munch and Move …

The Women’s Hub