Love Actually

So do you know which generation you belong to, whether Gen X or Y or are you still in a fix?? This thought passed my mind while watching “Love Aaj Kal”.

I always thought “Love” a few years ago was selfless and admirable and thought, if at all, I would fall in love, it would be of that era when love was not considered a “stupidity” and most importantly was not a “calculative affair”. Finding the “right guy” that “clicked”, whom one sees and the bells start ringing in ears is considered bogus these days.

Reality hits me hard every day when people of both generations (X and Y) tell me that one has to be “real” and often tell me that “bells ringing” in this time and age is a bit too much to expect.

People I know of Gen X think that its “childish” and “immature”, and feel that one has to change with time. My own peer group feels that to live in this era and then expect things of yester years is “unreal”. But why can’t we have best of both worlds? I asked this to a councellor aunt and she cleared the mist by telling me that it is for both the generations to know and understand their differences and also accept the fact that “Love” in whichever era is a strong emotion and people of all generations must respect it without being too critical or judgmental. They must keep their egos aside to see that there is a lot of depth in the seemingly light issue and the day we start respecting the emotions of fellow beings and accept the change we are sure not to have incidents like the one in Haryana, wherein a couple broke “gotra” barrier and then had to face “Khap” ire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A “Wake-up” call

Women, work and vows

Munch and Move …