Much to cheer...

Calling up mom, especially when away from home, is so much fun and without failure, each time you call her up, you end up feeling so much "special”, being loved and cared for…Thank God life gets going when mama is on the roll!!!

Today, when I called up mama in the morning to tell her that undoubtedly she is the Queen Of My Heart and wished her “Happy Women’s Day”…she first smiled (like she already read my mind) and then very softly asked me an “innocent” question…What do we do on Women's Day?

I was quiet for a while, not knowing what exactly to say, but then some how collected myself and said: “We wish all the known and unknown women for being so special and just enjoy the spirit of the day”…and so fast I was done with the “seemingly easy question”, she smiled yet again as though giving me another chance to think?
The conversation ended on the phone and now my mind started the “talking”.
I started imagining (like I always do), a woman who believes she is good, a woman who trusts and respects herself, who listens to her needs and desires and meets them with tenderness and grace.
I imagined a woman who has acknowledged the past's influence on the present, a woman who has walked through her past, who has healed into the present, who authors her own life. The one, who exerts, initiates and moves on her own behalf and refuses to surrender except to her true self.
I imagined a woman who celebrates the accumulation of her years and her wisdom. Who refuses to use precious energy disguising the changes in her body and life, who values the women in her life. A woman who sits in circles of women and then reminded of the truth about herself exactly when she forgets, how conveniently mom fits into my imagination of being a “women of substance”… and now I know I should have told her that it is right and good we are women to honour our experience and pass on the stories…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A “Wake-up” call

Women, work and vows

Munch and Move …