A doll’s life!


“Jennie” was the name of my first chubby tall doll. Dressed in red, with golden curly hair and deep blue eyes, my doll never formed any opinion about me and just followed my heart. It was perhaps the one best thing ever happened. I simply loved spending hours with the “speechless beauty” during my childhood.
Today, when I see the world around, I understand why the “speechless beauties” are admired by one and all and some “lucky ones” even get a chance to be kept preserved in museums.
Almost every one likes to be surrounded by such “speechless beauties”, who don’t think, nor feel anything and most importantly never complain?
“Dolls have been around since the dawn of human civilisation, and have been fashioned from a vast array of materials, ranging from stone, clay, wood, bone, cloth and paper, to porcelain, china, rubber and plastic. While dolls have traditionally been toys for children, they are also collected by adults, for their nostalgic value, beauty, historical importance or financial value. In ancient times, dolls were used as representations of a deity, and played a central role in religious ceremonies and rituals. Lifelike or anatomically correct dolls are used by health professionals, medical schools and social workers to train doctors and nurses in various health procedures or investigate cases of sexual abuse of children. Action figures representing superheroes and their predecessors, action dolls, are particularly popular among boys. Baby dolls, paper dolls, talking dolls, fashion dolls - the list is almost endless.”
Awe how much I miss my doll days when I thought I had almost found the friend for life and fought with almost everyone for my first friend ever. Ah the good old friendship days they are over and the “pink old doll world” is all grey now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A “Wake-up” call

Women, work and vows

Munch and Move …