Smart-cut to life!


Calling parents and you can be sure of the obvious questions around food, eating habits and health. And for all your answers they have just one word- ‘MISFIT’ in the society is what they feel you are and often try to remind you of the “forgotten” system.
A rule based system of life? Can you ever imagine yourself to be a part of this so-called systematic way of life, where you start your day with the sunrise and then follow the strict systems religiously till the planet completes a full rotation about its axis, relative to the sun, and then happily call it a day with a sunset in a cozy ‘homely-environment’ with friends and…oops family and family.
Well, writing about a systematic way of life itself is giving me a hard time, forget about being a part of this not-so-easy system-based life, which my parents, till today, are ardently following, even when they have almost no one who ‘cares’ or ‘stops’ them to do what they want to?
Besides, I guess they are in complete control of this system and have no more memories left of their dreams, desires, passion etc. Perhaps, they are old and not fit enough to fight or find their way back to life. But, I am certainly not old enough to give into this systematic pressure of life. I am ‘smart’ enough to lead my ‘smart’ life the way I wish to, only worry is the outcome….but then my new-age has no time to wait for results.
I follow my own system, but don’t really know if I can call it a system still? I get up at my own risk, after all I don’t believe in the “early to bed and early to rise” concept any more, though my parents chanted this to me each time they got a chance. The word “fresh”, including water, milk, vegetables, food and even air has little relevance in my smart-cut to life.
My ‘smart’ life is more organised, easy to manage, comes handy and above all I have all the solutions at my finger tips to master the art of this living. The ‘magical touch’ is heeling all my ‘sufferings’ and I feel too addicted to this ‘virtual’ life. Free apps on my tablet for news, shopping, live concerts, city portal for parking etc leaves me with absolutely no time to stop and think.
The fight is not with the street smart system, probably not even with the way my parents brought me up, but certainly with the demanding pressures that come along like work without rewards, money without honey and sometimes honey without money etc.
Marriage, babies, eating, cooking, washing, cleaning, shopping etc all in the day of a smart city life is certainly not so straight, but hope these changing sentiments too find their own system...oops did I just say system again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A “Wake-up” call

Women, work and vows

Munch and Move …