An early spiritual call

Follow raviagupta on Twitter
by Ravia Gupta
Thursday, June 21, 2012, Chandigarh, India
A little chaos is needed in the soul to give birth to a dancing star…..”
Even before that alarming sound could wake me up from the deep slumber, I was up in the morning around 4 a.m. to promise myself a new me and had a word with the self that I shall shine today!
All thanks to my Buddhist practice, which is helping me in the path of human evolution. It’s an amazing feeling to be a woman of the 21st century, as I have the freedom to decide the way I want to live on my own terms, define my own values and belief, and follow my own system and, even better, follow my spirit, follow my own path to find that connection with the higher being.
This “offbeat” career option is so happening, and I realised it only when I attended my first prayer meeting where I could hear many voices, but it was only one world, where the youth and spirituality were hand in glove with one another. Where the most talented, confident, young, techno-maniacs, shopaholics, party animals, call them by any name, but the so-called ‘different’ from the earlier generations, they were all there, chanting for the right wisdom to tackle their problems and report victory to their mentors, to their fellow beings and inspire one another.
The young battalion was deeply involved in various activities, exerting themselves in making good causes by sharing the grief of those in pain and showing them the light to bring out their true human potential into full bloom and earnestly trying to reach out to those in need or in low-life condition.
They all looked like being on a mission to transform their lives, to accumulate unlimited benefit and good fortune, which they feel and understand, could be found only by way of such unflagging efforts.
I was overwhelmed to see the young treading on the spiritual path. For some, it was ‘finding roots within’, for some it was performing their best in the competitive exams, for some it was outperforming the rest at the work place and for many others it was their faith in the concept which they believe would be able to help them attain peace and serenity.
After all, “Youth does not depend on the small number of years one has lived, but on the capacity to grow and to progress, and anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. The greatest thing in life is to keep polishing your soul and keep your mind young for learning!

Top
Source: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20120621/edit.htm#5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A “Wake-up” call

Women, work and vows

Munch and Move …